THE PHOTO SESSION IS FULL AND REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
Hosted By: Membership Engagement Advisory Group
Professional headshots are a great way to make your profile stand out and visually represent your personal brand. When visiting a person's social media page, eyes naturally go to the photo. And more than just social media, these images appear on websites, marketing materials, brochures and more.
Note: Please pick a time slot when registering. Business professional attire. After the event, you will receive a link to an online gallery via email so you can choose your photo directly from the photographer.
Members - FREE
(Member pricing is underwritten by CFA Society Chicago.)
Attire: Business Professional
Registration: Online Only
Registration closes at 5:00P on June 8, 2023.
Our goal is to help you take a photograph that makes you look your best. Below are some tips and suggestions on how to prepare.
What to Wear - Everyone:
- Wear clothes that are comfortable and that make you look great.
- Make sure your jacket and shirt fit you well. A poor fitting jacket or shirt will be obvious in the photos. Long or 3/4 sleeve shirts are the most attractive. Short sleeves add an unattractive line to your arms.
- Turtlenecks are almost always a bad idea (since they crowd the face).
- Clothes should be neatly pressed.
- Avoid busy patterns and large lines/stripes.
What to Wear - Men:
- The standard business look is a suit jacket, dress shirt and tie. A white shirt with a tie will appear more professional than one without a tie or jacket.
- A casual business look is often a jacket and open dress shirt, shirt and tie (no jacket), or dress shirt on its own.
- Polo shirts are a good look for some businesses but be sure the shirt is in good condition and fits well.
- For a no-jacket casual look, wear a colored shirt - ideally darker than your skin tone.
What to Wear - Women:
- Avoid big prints and busy patterns.
- Different necklines can change the apparent shape of your face.
- For a no-jacket casual look, wear a colored blouse - ideally darker than your skin tone.
- Keep jewelry extremely simple - smaller is normally better.
- Avoid jewelry that may distract from your face or that looks dated.
Hair and Makeup Tips:
- Make-up should be clean and natural.
- Using translucent powder to set the makeup will help make your face appear flawless in photos by reducing shine, making pores seem smaller, skin look more even, and blush appear smoother.
- Line lips before applying matte lipstick, then reline. Don't overdo it. Dipping a Q-tip in powder and running it along the lip line will help prevent color from bleeding.
- Avoid shimmers or products with lots of sparkle or shine.
- Don't get a new hair cut just before the shoot (you may want to let it grow-in a bit or get used to styling a new cut). Wear a hair style that frames your face as opposed to all your hair pulled back.
- Do not try/use any new product on your hair, face or body the day before or few days before your shoot (in case you have a bad reaction to the product).
*Special Notes Regarding Fees:
Registration closes at 5:00 PM on June 8, 2023 or when all timeslots are filled. This event is complimentary and open to members only. Cancellations accepted until 5:00 PM, June 8, 2023.
Important Notice: The health and safety of staff and attendees are the Society’s priorities. The Society will be following all recommended local government guidelines and venue policies. As such locations are subject to change based on this information. Please make sure to review the City of Chicago's Latest Guidance prior to the event to get the most updated list of COVID guidelines. If you are sick or experiencing any COVID- or flu-like symptoms we request that you do not attend CFA Society Chicago events in person.